Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mixing it up with Pork

Since our wedding in March, I've cooked with chicken and ground beef and chicken and ground beef. I was definitely in a slump, so, as per my husbands request, I splurged on pork chops. I found this great (and super easy) recipe on recipezaar.com.

Dijon Pork Chops

1 Tbsp olive oil
Grill seasoning
4 small pork chops or 2 large ones
½ medium yellow onion – sliced
3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
3 Tbsp Italian Dressing
Black pepper

Heat oil in 10 inch skillet on med-high heat. Season pork with grill seasoning. Brown pork chops on each side for 3-5 minutes. Remove chops from pan and add onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Mix Dijon, dressing, and black pepper to taste. Add chops back to pan and spread sauce over them. Cook at med-low for 15 minutes.

I served it with roasted red potatoes (4 red potatoes-chopped, olive oil, grill seasoning, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes) and frozen peas. But it would also be great with mashed potatoes and any other more creative vegetable.

1 comment:

Tara Werner said...

Your presentation is astounding. Mark is a lucky man!